https://www.casselsalpeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/BrandSmart_USA.png 400 400 roaradmin http://www.casselsalpeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/CS-Logo-for-Assets-Post-10-Year-Branding_Website_04.28.21_Draft01.png roaradmin2022-04-05 16:52:342022-04-11 16:50:04The Aaron’s Company acquired BrandSmart U.S.A.
The Aaron’s Company acquired BrandSmart U.S.A.
- Background: BrandsMart U.S.A. (“BrandsMart”), based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, is a leading Southeast U.S. appliance and electronics retailer, offering a wide selection of brands, and thousands of products, including appliances, consumer electronics and computers, furniture, and other home goods.
- Cassel Salpeter:
- Served as financial advisor to the company
- Facilitated the due dilligence process, working closely with the team to expeditiously and clearly answer acquirer’s questions
- Assisted in the structuring, negotiating, and closing of the transaction
- Ensured the desires were met to carry on the company legacy after decades of family ownership
- As it was an unsolicited transaction, the seller was not fully prepared for the nuances of a sales process
- Extensive due dilligence process without interrupting business, while working to meet the timing needs of a public company acquirer
- Outcome: In April 2022, BrandsMart was acquired by The Aaron’s Company (NYSE: AAN), a leading technology-enabled, omnichannel provider of lease-to-own and purchase solutions with headquarters in Atlanta, GA.