http://www.casselsalpeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/casestudylogo-nephrogenex.jpg 250 250 admin http://casselsalpeter.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/cs_logo-color.png admin2016-06-13 13:19:422017-07-03 18:15:29Mergers and Acquisitions: Sell Side for NephroGenex, Inc.
- Background: Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, NephroGenex, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical Company that focuses on the development of therapeutics to treat kidney disease. Based on financial considerations, the firm decided to pause its two key programs: 1) its phase 3 clinical program for oral Pyridorin for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy, and 2) its phase 1 ready program for IV Pyridorin for the treatment of acute kidney injuries.
- Cassel Salpeter:
- Served as financial advisor to Debtor
- Identified and contacted over 275 strategic and financial parties
- Complexity and duration of bankruptcy proceedings
- Outcome: On May 10, 2017 the United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Delaware entered an order confirming the Sale pursuant to a Plan of Reorganization under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. The plan became effective on May 24, 2017.